Meatza: The ultimate gluten free paleo/ keto pizza recipe
|Where's the crust? We skipped it. Yep, no empty carbs here- instead it's made on a crust made of grassfed beef. Think meatloaf + toppings. It's a crazy idea, and it's crazy delicious.|
Pizza is an iconic food- it smells amazing when it's freshly baked, and is a comfort food for many of us.
It's also one of the first things to go when you decide to go gluten free, dairy free and processed food free. Against The Grain makes a pretty delicious frozen pizza (available at Publix), and Udi's has one that's quite good also.
Meatza is our keto/ paleo/ gf answer to baking pizza. Instead of a grain crust base, you'll build a beautiful tower of veggie toppings on more of a meatloaf base using grassfed ground beef. It puts traditional meatlovers pizza's to shame, and has a strange way of disappearing off the pan before you can wink an eye. At least in our kitchen!
Ingredients for Meatza: our paleo, grain free pizza
- Grass Fed ground beef
- Fun flavor options: diced bacon (organic, hormone free!), garlic, green onions, onions, oregano, spices- just probably not all at once.
- Tomatoe sauce or Pesto base
- Tomato Sauce and/or Pesto
- Zucchini (dice or slice)
- Yellow Squash
- Fresh Basil
How we make Meatza- feel free to experiment!
- Mix up eggs, bacon & spices
- Add in 2lbs of ground beef, and mix
- Spread your beef base on a baking pan (oiled with coconut oil)
- Pre-bake the beef base for 15 minutes at 350º
- Chop your toppings to desired sizes (usually no more than 1")
- Take the beef base out, spread your sauce (we use pesto)
- Add your organic veggie toppings
- Bake the meatza for 20 minutes at 350º
- Remove, serve and enjoy sharing the gooey, crumbly Meatza goodness!
Here are some photos of the process- it's a pretty simple, fast way to cook a lot of good food. Cook two and you'll have leftovers for work lunches.
|Spreading pesto + olives on our pre-baked grassfed beef and bacon meatza "crust"|
|We added some yummy portabellas to this meatza, but it's not done yet..|
|We've added red onions, chopped zucchini, yellow squash, portabellas, olives and a pesto base to our Meatza grass-fed beef crustless pizza.|
Post a Comment